EP Installation with WSS 3
I have decided to install
I use "Install and configure a Microsoft Dynamics AX Enterprise Portal Server" -white paper as a main source. This version is dated in February, 2007. Another tool I use is a memo downloaded from Microsoft Technet: "Deploy in a simple server farm (Windows SharePoint Sservices)" I can't make basic installation bacause our Database is located in another server. So we need a server farm.
So let's begin. I have uninstalled IIS and SharePoint including all the related databases.
Installed or created prerequisites:
- Dynamics AX client
- Business connector proxy in AD
- SQL Server 2005(Security & Login settings)
1. Install IIS (ASP.net, Frontpage not selected)
2. Enable ASP.NET 2.0 (\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\v2.0.50727)
3. Copy Ax32.exe.config to the \Client\Bin -folder
4. Install .NET Framework 3
5. Install WSS 3
5.1 Choose Installation: Advanced
5.2 Server type: Web Front End - Install
5.3 "Run the Share...." -check box selected - Close
5.4 Configuration Wizard
5.4.1 "No, I want to create a new server farm" Next
5.4.2 Database server and database name, User name (proxy user) & psw
5.4.3 Specify Port number - empty, NTLM - next, next, Finish
5.5 IE: tools, internet options, trusted sites - add
Create new web application
5.6 Central Administrator page: Application management/SharePoint Web application management/Create or extend...
5.7 Click "Create a new web application"
5.8 Create a new IIS web site: "Sharepoint - 80", Allow anonymous - Yes, Create a new application pool: "Sharepoint - 80", Configurable: User name: (proxyuser), psw - Others default
5.9 "Iisreset /no force" in command prompt
5.10 Operations-tab/ Security Configuration/service accounts: Web Service: Choose "Windows Sharepoint..."
5.11 In Application pool, select "Sharepoint - 80"
5.12 Select configurable. User name: (domain\proxyuser), OK, "iisreset /noforce"
6. Configure ASP.NET (web.config-file) and "iisreset /noforce"
7. Add Proxy-user to the groups: Power users, IIS_WPG, WSS_WPG
8. Configure IIS for SharePoint and EP:
8.1 Open IIS manager. Right click Web sites. Choose properties
8.2 Directory security/Authentication and access control, edit: Integrated Windows authentication - OK
8.3 Expand Application pools. Choose Sharepoint - 80 and properties. Check that Proxy-user is in configurable in Identity-tab.
8.4 Expand Web sites. Choose Sharepoint - 80 and properties. Check that Asp.net version v2.0... is selected in ASP.net tab. Check also Sharepoint central Admin v3 -site.
9. Install EP. Choose
10. Open AX client and run EP Configuration wizard if not already done (I had earlier installation)
11. Complete Manage deployment wizard. I got error:"Cannot create Performance Category 'Microsoft Dynamics: Enterprise Portal' because it already exists." This might be because of earlier installation so I don't mind this.
12. Create EP site
12.1 In Client menu...EP/Web sites. Click Create site. Create a site collection-page opens
12.2 Fill in needed info. In template selection: Choose custom and Dynamics public
12.3 Primary & secondary administrators I chose myself and Proxy-user. Ok.
12.4 Top level site successfully created. Copy the url and click OK.
12.5 In AX-client/Web sites click Register site.
12.6 Paste the url. Type is Full, Anonymous=true and Press CTRL+S to save changes. Click View in Browser.
12.7 Delete the site from the AX when Register site-page opens in browser.
12.8 Choose the company. Click Register.
12.9 If everything goes fine the installation is completed. Now I have to add the user relations settings.